Sunday, February 17, 2008

Better Late than Never!

I have been cutting paper forever and took a break to make a technique card. The technique I decided to do today is Crinkled Paper. It has been a long time since I did this so it was fun to do. It is so simple so it only took a few minutes to do. Of course I had to use one of my favorite color combos which is Green, Purple and Orange.

Here are the directions for the technique:

Crinkled Paper Stamping

Supplies:
Matte cardstock
Scrap piece of cardstock any color
Stamp pad colors of your choice (dye based)
Bold type Stamps of your choice
Crinkle (or wad) up the scrap piece of cardstock. You will want to crinkle, then smooth, crinkle again and smooth out. Do not smooth out real flat. You will want some texture to the crinkles. Ink your stamp and lightly stamp off on the crinkled paper. Stamp onto your cardstock without re-inking. You will see the crinkled lines in your stamped image. Repeat as necessary for the look you want.

The part of my image that I used the Crinkled Paper on is the dark part of the flowers. It gives a nice distressed look. I hope you get a chance to try this. It is fast, fun and easy.
Have a great day everyone.

3 comments:

Kathy McC said...

Beautiful! Love your colors!
Cannot wait to try it. Thanks.

Karen Lindsay said...

Love this card and all that you create and share here on your blog. I'm an Angel Company demonstrator also and I find your blog a wonderful source of ideas and inspiration. I hope you don't mind my CASE-ing your work, as in doing so, it truly is a huge compliment to you. :)

Karen, WY

Sarah said...

Very pretty card! I love your choice of colors.

Sarah G.