Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thursday TECH'S

I'm here once again to share a technique with you. I sure hope you are enjoying them. I love to play with techniques although I don't use them all the time. It is just fun to learn. The one I am going to do this week is Faux Shaving Cream. It is a lot less messier than using shaving cream. It's great for stamping either a background or a focal piece.

Here are the directions:

Faux Shaving Cream

Light colored cardstock
Bold type stamps of your choice
Open image stamps with lots of detail
2-3 Dye based or Palette inks of your choice

Ink bold image with one of the dye based colors. Set aside. Ink open image stamp with another one of the inks. Stamp onto the ink bold stamping giving it a twist. Clean open image stamp and repeat with another color in ink if desired. Stamp the bold image onto cardstock. Your image with have the shaving cream effect to it. Embellish or use as a background.
I hope you enjoy it and get to find some time to try it. It is very easy to do.
Have a great day!!!!!

1 comment:

Kathy McC said...

Rita,
Love it!
Your stamping is always GREAT!!!