Saturday, May 23, 2009

Stamping for the Church Card Ministry

Not long after I started attending church again I started a handmade card ministry there. It has been a lot of fun. We strictly use these cards for members of our church. I have other ladies that help me put the cards together sometimes and they love it. It is great fellowship. Anyway we make all kinds of cards to send to members. We do birthday, anniversary, thinking of you, get well, sympathy, welcome visitors and anything in between. If there is a need we try to send a card. I was running low on masculine birthday so I whipped out a dozen of them today. I thought I would share the card. Two of the three stamps I used are either already discontinued or is on the newly discontinued list. Both are favorites of mine. The giraffe from African Giraffe is on the new discontinued list and can be ordered at 25% off right now. The crackle background was gone from last catalog but I love it for masculine cards. The saying is from the set Be Still which is still current. I love that stamp set for the ministry cards because I like putting a verse on them. I hope you enjoy the card too. It was so simple but yet great for a guy.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. I know I'm not the best at keeping it up but I want to keep trying...LOL See ya Soon (I hope).

4 comments:

Sally Taylor said...

Great card!

Bridgett Owens said...

I love the card and the ministry idea!

Bren said...

Love this, how did you do the background. Is it a stamp or a technique. Love your energy at Seminar. You go Girl!

Rita Holmes said...

Bren...I used a discontinued stamp from TAC. It is the crackle background. I loved it and hate that it is gone. Glad you enjoyd the card.