Monday, March 17, 2014

I can't believe it has been SIX YEARS!

It was SIX years ago today that I had my cancer surgery.  I just went back in my blog to the 2008 archives and read my cancer journey.  The blog journey starts on March 10, 2008.  I read through most of it.  I cried a lot in it.  I also went and read all the comments.  I had the best support team ever.

Here is the big question I want to answer for everyone:
 
What has CANCER done for ME?
 
I know that sounds odd but CANCER did a lot for me. 
 
1.  It made me a stronger person today.
2.  It made me open my eyes and appreciate everything around me.
3.  It showed me that a good attitude will help you overcome a lot of things.
4.  It showed my my need for the Lord.
5.  It made my Faith stronger.
6.  It gave me the need to help others fighting this terrible disease.
7.  It showed me at I am a leader.
8.  It gave me the will to fight no matter what.
 
I now stay very active in many different things.  Here is some of the things I do to keep busy:
 
1.  Work part time in the cafeteria's in our public schools.
2.  Sell Stampin Up and have classes in my house for rubber stamping
3.  Teach Sunday School to 3rd & 4th grade children.
4.  Director of VBS at my church.
5.  Sit on the Butler County Board for the American Cancer Society
6.  Have a team in our local Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society and also serve on the committee.
7.  Reach to Recovery volunteer for the American Cancer Society. 

These are all passions of mine.  I love staying busy and being active.  I can say that most days I feel great but still have some side effects of the chemo and cancer journey.  That's okay!!!!  I am alive and living my life.  What better thing can a girl ask for? 

I have a wonderful family and the greatest friends anyone can ask for.  I am a very blessed individual and give thanks for that daily. 

Have a blessed day!!!

No comments: